If you are having trouble with your connection, our helpdesk may ask you to provide us with network diagnostic information from your devices.
Diagnostics provide us with information about your network adapter, wireless environment and connection speed. This data better enables us to investigate your issue and assists in providing support.
Step 1 - Perform a Speed Test
To perform a speed test, open your web browser and visit https://speedtest.vostronet.com
The test will measure your current download speed. Allow a moment for the test to complete.
Please capture a screenshot of this information and send it with your diagnostic.
How to Screen Capture in MacOS: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201361
How to Screen Capture in Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen
Step 2 - Collect the diagnostic information
Diagnostics can be collected from either a Windows PC/Laptop or an Apple Mac. Please follow the appropriate link below for detailed instructions on how to perform the test on your device.
Step 3 - Send the information to us
It is important to include all the right details when sending us the log files:
- Your email: Email Address associated with your VostroNet account
- Message: Enter your existing ticket number if you have one and as much detail about where you were and what you were doing at the time
- Room/Unit/Apartment number
- Building name
- Location of test (e.g bedroom or kitchen)
- Time of day
- Attachments: Add the following files
- Speed test result: Include screenshot of speed test from above
- Diagnostic files: Upload the files from the diagnostic
If you are having any problems completing the diagnostic tests, please let us know.