Diagnostics provide us with information about your network adapter, the wireless environment and you connection speed.
This data better enables us to investigate your issue and assists in providing support.
Follow these instructions to generate network diagnostics on your Windows device.
Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
- Click the Start button and type CMD into the search box.
- CMD or Command Prompt will be shown in the menu.
Right click, and select Run as Administrator.
- Select yes on the security confirmation message to continue.
- A black window will open. This is the Windows Command Prompt.
In the command prompt, you will need to type the following commands:
NETSH WLAN SHOW ALL > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogWLAN.txtthen press enter
IPCONFIG /ALL > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogIP.txtthen press enter
NETSTAT -R > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogNET.txtthen press enter
ARP -A > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogARP.txtthen press enter
Send the information to us
You can either attach the diagnostic files to your email reply, or you can send them through our online form at https://vost.ro/sendlogs
It is important to include the following details when submitting the log files:
- Email: Use the email Address associated with your VostroNet account
- Subject: Room number and your ticket number (if you have one)
- Description: Details about the time of the test and your location
- Summary of your issue
- Room/Unit/Apartment number
- Building name
- Time and location of test (e.g bedroom or kitchen)
- Attachments: Add the following files
- Speed test result: Include screenshot of your speed test
- Diagnostic files: Upload the files from the diagnostic
If you are having any problems completing the diagnostic tests, please let us know.