Diagnostics provide us with information about your network adapter, the wireless environment and you connection speed.
This data better enables us to investigate your issue and assists in providing support.
Follow these instructions to generate network diagnostics on your Windows device.
Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
- Click the Start button and type CMD into the search box.
- CMD or Command Prompt will be shown in the menu.
Right click, and select Run as Administrator.
- Select yes on the security confirmation message to continue.
- A black window will open. This is the Windows Command Prompt.
In the command prompt, you will need to type the following commands:
NETSH WLAN SHOW ALL > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogWLAN.txtthen press enter
IPCONFIG /ALL > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogIP.txtthen press enter
NETSTAT -R > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogNET.txtthen press enter
ARP -A > %userprofile%\DESKTOP\LogARP.txtthen press enter
Send the diagnostic file to us
Please include the following details
- Your email: The email registered to your VostroNet account.
- Message: Room number and ticket number (or username) and summary of your issue.
- Add your files: Add the following files:
- Speed test result: Include screenshot of your speed test
- Diagnostic files: Upload the files from the diagnostic
If you are having any problems completing the diagnostic tests, please let us know.