Diagnostics provide us with information about your network adapter, wireless environment and connection speed. This data better enables us to investigate your issue and assists in providing support.
Follow these instructions to generate a network diagnostic report on your Apple MacOS device.
- Hold down the Option key and click the Wi-Fi icon in the top corner
- From the menu select Open Wireless Diagnostics
- The wireless diagnostics application will open. Click Continue.
- Enter the password for your Mac to continue (This is not your VostroNet login)
- Allow a few moments for the application to analyse your wireless environment.
- When this finishes, select Continue to Summary and click Continue
- Skip the Additional Information and Router Summary prompts by clicking Continue twice
Your Mac will start to generate the wireless report. This may take a few minutes.
- A finder window will open to show where the report is saved (/var/tmp)
Drag and drop this file onto the desktop
Send the information to us
It is important to include all the right details when sending us the log files:
- Email: Email Address associated with your VostroNet account
- Subject: Enter your existing ticket number if you have one
- Description: Enter as many details about where you were and what you were doing at the time
- Room/Unit/Apartment number
- Building name
- Location of test (e.g bedroom or kitchen)
- Time of day
- Attachments: Add the following files
- Speed test result: Include screenshot of speed test from above
- Diagnostic files: Upload the files from the diagnostic