TCP/IP Configuration for DHCP
VostroNet uses DHCP to automatically assign an IP address to your device. The following instructions show you how to reset your device to the automatic setting.
These instructions may assist if you have come from another location where you manually set a static IP address on your device, or software on your device modified the configuration.
- Right click the Start button and select Run
- Type ncpa.cpl and click OK
- Right click your network connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Select the General tab and ensure Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are both selected, then click OK.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click Properties. Select Obtain an IPv6 address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically and click OK.
- Click OK to confirm the changes and close the network settings.
Mac OS X
- Click the Apple icon at the top-left corner of the screen
- Select System Preferences
- Select Network
- Select your connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
- Click Advanced and select the TCP/IP tab
- Set Configure IPv4 to Using DHCP
- Set Configure IPv6 to Automatically
Apple iOS (iPhone / iPad)
- Tap Settings > General > Wi-Fi
- Tap the (i) next to VostroNet (or VostroNet Connect)
- Under IP Address select DHCP and then Renew Lease
- Open the Settings app on your device and go to the Wi-Fi settings
- Highlight VostroNet or VostroNet Connect (whichever you are connected to) and select Modify Network Config.
- Select Show Advanced Options
- For IP Settings, set Proxy to None and IP Settings to DHCP